When to expend your strength, when to conserve your strength?
You do not have unlimited strength (unfortunately)
Much to my disappointment the truth is that we do *NOT* have unlimited strength. We as biological creatures have a limited shelf-life (metabolism leads to our eventual and necessary death) and even in a single 24-hour day, every activity we engage in expends some of our strength.
We can artificially augment our strength during the day via naps, walks outside, cold showers, coffee (caffeine), and other stimulants but for the most part, no man can effectively exert him/herself for 24 hours straight, without need for rest or recovery.
What do you want to use your strength for?
For me, the ultimate end and aim is creative. To write, think, create, make, photograph, video, vlog, audio, whatever. Thus I desire to conserve my strength, to conserve and protect my mindspace and focus/attention in order to maximize my creative ideation (coming up with ideas) and then eventual creative creations.
Perhaps the reason I need to be so hyper-vigilant about protecting my mindspace and not getting distracted is that I am very very easily distracted and sensitive to sounds, visual stimuli, advertisements, marketing, and everything in-between.
Protect and conserve it all.
Now that I have a son, my already valuable time and limited time has become even more valuable and limited. Thus as I get older, I am becoming far more picky in terms of how to share my attention, *WHOM* to share my attention with and what I do with my time and life. Thus as a simple takeaway, my suggestion:
Once you have discovered what your higher purpose in life is, conserve all your strength and might towards that end!
- IT WILL NEVER SATISFY YOU.
- How to Decide
- Things You *Want* to Do vs Things You *MUST* Do
- Towards a More Beautiful Mode of Existence and Future
- EXTREME GRATITUDE.
- AMAP (As Much as Possible) or None.
- Why or How Does it Matter?
- The Philosophy of Time and Events
- How *Not* to Resent
- FORWARD LOOKING
- DOMAIN FLEXIBILITY.
- The Miracle of Human Growth
- EXTREME ADAPTATION.
- Why Plan?
- You Don’t Need to Justify Yourself
- The Philosophy of Ego
- True vs False Passions
- How to Achieve Tranquility
- On Making Your Own Philosophy
- The Purpose of Life is to Create New Life
- Think On!
- The Wisdom of Doing Nothing
- My Thoughts on Meditation
- The Philosophy of Purpose
- Emulate Yourself
- Good Fear, Bad Fear
- For the Betterment of Humanity or Just Yourself?
- What you *really* believe in and care for is manifested through your actions (or non-actions)
- Why Culture is Your Enemy
- YOUR EXPERIENCES ARE KING.
- LIFE IS INHERENTLY GOOD.
- Artistic, Physical, and Philosophical Muscles
- All New Experiences are Good Experiences
- What is the Purpose of X?
- Philosophy is a Luxury
- The Attempt is More Interesting than the Result
- Joyfulness vs “Happiness”
- Effectiveness Over Happiness
- Self Actualization
- MAXIMAL ENGAGEMENT
- Life & Pain
- On Living Every Day with No Regret
- Learn as if you’re going to live forever, live as if you’re going to die tomorrow
- Live Every Day Like it Were the Last Day of Your Life
- FALSE GRATITUDE vs REAL GRATITUDE
- HOW TO LIVE MORE
- THE UPSIDE OF TRAGEDY
- Satisfaction is a Sucker’s Game
- Supreme Repose
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIFE? According to ERIC KIM
- STUBBORN, FLEXIBLE
- EVERYTHING HAPPENS AS IT *SHOULD* HAVE HAD HAPPENED
- Good Addiction, Bad Addiction?
- What is the Best Life?
- The Philosophy of Thinking
- The Philosophy of Conspiracies
- What Do You Really Want Out of Life?
- Seem or Be?
- Learn Through Pain
- Respect Yourself
- In Praise of Elitism
- Why Independent Thinking?
- I Will Never Die
- Bitter is Better
- The Genesis of Nihilism and Existential Dread
- The Ethics of Personal Enrichment
- Good vs Not Good
- Punished by Privilege
- Abstinence Over Moderation
- Just Leave Others Alone
- You Can Only Critique that Which You Truly Understand and Love
- ERIC KIM Critique of Metaphysics
- Only Trust Philosophers Who Deadlift
- Heuristic: If Someone Talks Shit About Others Behind Their Back, Most Likely They’re Also Talking Shit About You Behind Your Back
- Virtue is a Privilege
- What Are Your Life Goals?
- Why I’m Anti Moderation
- No Spite, No Malice.
- Ascending Life or Descending Life?
- Double Edged Sword
- Why I Don’t Trust “Nice Guys”
- Why You Must Share Your Opinion
- Selfish Isn’t Evil
- Wisdom is the Goal
- YOU ARE KING.
- MASTER YOURSELF
- What is “Good” for You is Often what is Bad for You
Published at Thu, 08 Apr 2021 21:39:31 +0000